Modern crochet skill builder
Are you self taught? Have you learned all the basics? Are you struggling to progress?
Does reading patterns and charts feel like a foreign language?
Then this course is for you! Introducing a new 6 week course to boost your skills and confidence in modern crochet. Led by Kathy who started crocheting as a teenager in the 70s, and is a qualified teacher in post compulsory education.
Available as individual workshops for £30 or book all 6 for £150 on Thursdays 10.30 - 1pm starting on 12 September (there will be no class on 3 October)
Your first class will include a hook (size of your choice). Thereafter hooks can be borrowed, or bring your own. Yarn for one item is included each week. There may be an charge for additional materials. You are welcome to use your own yarn.
• Pattern reading
• Variations on the granny square
• Ideas of what you can make with squares
• Making a ripple face cloth
• Increasing, decreasing, changing colour
• Working with cotton
• Understanding yarn weights
Working in the round
• Bunting triangles
• Joining methods
Working in 3D
• Simple baskets
Adding texture to your work and advanced stitches
• Bobbles, puffs and clusters
• Overlay crochet (if time allows)
• Learn about the magic ring
• Learn the Japanese art of making small stuffed toys
Dates: 12th, 19th and 26th September then 10th, 17th and 24th October
If you are unable to make the full 6 weeks , please contact Nicky 07740409446 to book